"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

Saturday, April 17, 2010

the men here are like vultures

I'll never get used to all the male attention I've received in Ghana. Some of the best lines they have used on me are: "Come! I want to friend you!" ~shouted by a random guy in street "I love your hand, it's so soft." ~teacher in Aflao "You are a fine woman and beautiful girl." ~letter from a fifteen year old (given to me on my first day in Aflao) "I want to marry you" ~commonly used by all kinds of men, including a very old man who also thought I was Chinese "I love you" ~Also used often and I absolutely hate when they tell me this. Usually they ask me for my name prior to telling me that they love me.

3 comments:

MandiH said...

Hey Anna,
Do you happen to have Wendy's email address? She hasn't sent the pictures I took while I was there, and wanted to send her an email.
Hope things are going better for you!
Mandi

Anna said...

I don't have her e-mail address, sorry.

Are you still in Togo? Or have you gone back home?

MandiH said...

I went home about a week after I got to Togo, I just couldn't handle the language difference and everything. I made the right decision though, and I still feel that way. I'm glad you could switch projects and try something else out.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com