"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

Saturday, January 9, 2010

hazy shade of winter

Well, I'm off soon. New adventure, new home, new people, new life. I know I'm running away from my problems here and I'll jsut have to face them again when I return. But maybe I'll figure out how to solve these problems. I'm hoping for the best. I feel similiar to how I felt four and half years ago when I went to California. I was terrified, but so exciting. But I had higher hopes for California, I built it up to be this magnificent place. And it was beautiful, but it certainly wasn't perfect. Ghana's not going to be perfect. I'll be living in a poor village, with little money. I have to use only bottled water. I don't even know if I'll have a shower. I'll have to be careful about what I eat. I'll be prone to sickness, most likely. I may or may not have internet access. And I honestly don't really know what to expect and what I'm getting myself into. But I sure as hell will learn a lot.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com