"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Peace like a River

There are so many children here. Everywhere. And they either ask "what is your name?" or shout "va vooe" (however it's spelled), which means "white person." There are two very young girls who live in my compound and they don't speak any English. But they seem to like me and like to come into my room. There's also one orphan here that I really like named Peace. She must be 6 or 7, and she always wants to be held or carried. I haven't done much of anything here yet. I've been feeling rather useless. Things are a bit unorganized and so laidback. Today I finally learned what exactly I'll be doing here. I'll be starting the first month doing office work, than I'll begin teaching English. I'm actually happy about that because I was scared about teaching and that way the kids can get to know me more and warm up to me.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com