"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

"There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on"

One of the things I miss the most is the food. I constantly dream about food. I think I might be losing weight because I don't eat as much food here. Everyday for breakfast I have bread and tea. For lunch and dinner, we usually get rice. But we also get potatoes sometimes with either an egg or fish sauce. Another dish they serve is called Akplah and it is cassava mixed with corn (I think) and it looks like dough. They dip it into a fish sauce (that looks like goo). They also have a bunch of fruits here: oranges, mangoes, pineapple, watermelon, and coconut. The sauce or stew they serve here is always spicy and they use so much pepper. This weekend when I went to the Dreamland Beach Resort in Ada, I had tuna, salad, pasta, crepes (without maple syrup though) and it was so delicious. This upcoming weekend I may go to Accra, where they have things like peanut butter and even a mall (I really didn't think there were any malls in Africa).

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com